Microsoft unveils the new Bing with ChatGPT: here are the first images
Microsoft integrates ChatGPT with Bing to compete with Google
This week, Google unveiled Bard, its alternative to ChatGPT which aims to improve its search engine and above all to catch up with OpenAI, the American company behind ChatGPT.
One day after Google’s announcement, Microsoft presents its new Bing, which is based on ChatGPT technology. The goal: to launch a new search experience that could allow the firm to bring its search engine out of Google’s shadow. Microsoft is also taking the opportunity to integrate new AI functions into Edge, its web browser.
After the dazzling success of the ChatGPT text generator, it is clear that major tech companies are rushing one by one to deploy similar technology and stay in the race for innovation. By making this technology accessible to the general public, the American company OpenAI is shaking up the ranks of the tech giants, forcing them to accelerate the pace in the field of AI.
A more powerful language model than ChatGPT
Surprise ! Microsoft specifies that the new experience on Bing is based on a next-generation OpenAI model:“We’re happy to announce that the new Bing runs on a new, next-generation OpenAI language model that’s more powerful than ChatGPT and purpose-built for search. It takes the key learnings and advances from ChatGPT and GPT-3.5, and it’s even faster, more accurate, and better performing. »
Other differences between the new Bing and ChatGPT:
- Microsoft displays its sources with clickable links, unlike ChatGPT which does not indicate where its answers come from.
- Microsoft can offer results on recent data, unlike ChatGPT which relies on a knowledge base that has not been updated since 2021.
What features with the new Bing?
“The new Bing is all about having a research assistant, a personal planner and a creative partner by your side every time you search the web” describes Microsoft.
With AI-powered features, you can:
- Ask questions as you wish: Bing is able to respond to complex searches and adjust its response based on your feedback.
- Get well-summarized answers: Bing examines the search results available on the web to provide you with a synthetic answer.
- Generate ideas to inspire you: like ChatGPT, Bing can help you find new ideas or generate a text template for a letter or an email, for example.
How to test the new Bing with ChatGPT?
The new ChatGPT-style Bing is not yet available, but you can already test it using examples made available by Microsoft. On the Bing.com home page, you will find an insert “Introducing the new Bing” below the search bar with sample queries available. You can also join the waiting list if you wish.
The new Bing is available today in a limited desktop preview, and anyone can visit Bing.com today to try out sample queries and join the waitlist. We’ll be expanding the preview to millions of people in the coming weeks. A mobile experience will also soon be available in preview, says Microsoft.